Your Family’s Legal Resource For Juvenile Law
The juvenile justice system in Texas is handled separately from criminal cases in adult court. It is important that your lawyer has a strong command of the rules and procedures that apply in juvenile court. The Collin County Juvenile Probation Department has tremendous power to evaluate juvenile offenses and may refer cases to the prosecutor’s office for serious charges. In more serious cases, the prosecutor may seek to try a juvenile as an adult.
Protecting Your Teen’s Future
If your child is suspected or accused of committing a misdemeanor or felony offense, Terri Daniel, Attorney at Law, PLLC, in McKinney, Texas, is here to help. Since 2003, I have maintained a board-certification in criminal law with the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. I draw on decades of criminal law experience as a prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer to provide juveniles and families with knowledgeable guidance in a range of juvenile law matters, including:
- Juvenile defense: My deep understanding of the juvenile justice system, the availability of diversion programs, and how probation officers and prosecutors think is clear strength of my juvenile defense services.
- Sex crimes and juvenile law: While juvenile records are processed differently from adult criminal court records, the effects of a sex crime leveled against a juvenile can impact the entire family. I work tirelessly to protect teens accused of sexual offenses.
- Juvenile drug court in Collin County: If your child is facing drug charges in juvenile court, it is vital for you to seek the assistance of a lawyer who has a command of criminal law and knowledge of the rehabilitative services that may be available. The juvenile drug court may be an option to help your child get back on the right track.
- School disciplinary hearings: Problems with the law and problems in school often go hand in hand. The Juvenile Probation Department and school officials often communicate with each other. Let me help you navigate the school discipline system to safeguard your child’s rights in each forum.
- Minor in possession charges: A simple error in judgment on the weekend or a deep-seated problem with alcohol or other substances may lead to underage drinking allegations. A minor in possession charge can have collateral consequences for your child well into the future. Do not take an alcohol-related offense lightly.
- Sealing a juvenile record: The records related to a juvenile offense are not always sealed automatically by the juvenile court. Do not let a youthful mistake haunt your child into the future. I will explain the rules and eligibility requirements and guide you through the juvenile record sealing process in Collin County.
Take The First Step – Call Today
If your child is facing disciplinary issues in school or a petition for delinquency in juvenile court, you need a knowledgeable lawyer on your side to protect your child’s rights. I know how difficult it is to choose a lawyer. To that end, I offer free consultations to allow you to make an informed choice. To schedule a consultation, call my office in McKinney at 469-845-9951 or send me a message online now.